- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. Mirror Perspective-Taking with a Humanoid Robot. In Proceedings of the 26th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-12). Toronto, Canada, July 2012. [PDF]
- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. A Robotic Model of the Ecological Self. In Proceedings of the 11th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (HUMANOIDS 2011). Bled, Slovenia, October 2011. [PDF]
- E. Avrunin, J. W. Hart, A. Douglas, and B. Scassellati. Effects Related to Synchrony and Repertoire in Perceptions of Robot Dance. In Proceedings of the 6th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2011). Lausanne, Switzerland, March 2011. [PDF]
- E. Short, J. W. Hart, M. Vu, and B. Scassellati. No Fair!! An Interaction with a Cheating Robot. In Proceeding of the 5th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2010). Osaka, Japan, March 2010. [PDF] (Nominated for best paper award).
- W. A. Bainbridge, J. W. Hart, E. S. Kim, and B. Scassellati. The Effect of Presence on Human-Robot Interaction. In Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN). Munich, Germany, August 2008. [PDF]
- A. Sabharwal, C. Ansotegui, C. P. Gomes, J. W. Hart, and B. Selman. QBF Modeling: Exploiting Player Symmetry for Simplicity and Efficiency. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT-06). Seattle, WA, August 2006. [PDF]
- W. A. Bainbridge, J. W. Hart, E. S. Kim, and B. Scassellati. (2010) The Benefits of Interactions with Physically Present Robots Over Video-Displayed Agents. International Journal of Social Robotics. vol. 3(1), p. 41-52 [PDF]
- J. W. Hart, S. Sheikholeslami, M. K. X. J. Pan, W. P. Chan, and E. A. Croft, Predictions of Human Task Performance and Handover
Trajectories for Human-Robot Interaction. In HRI 2015 Workshop on Human-Robot Teaming. Portland, Oregon, USA, March 2-5, 2015.[PDF]
- J. W. Hart, B. Gleeson, M. K. X. J. Pan, A. Moon, K. MacLean, and E. A. Croft, Gesture, Gaze, Touch, and Hesitation: Timing Cues for Collaborative Work. In HRI Workshop on Timing in Human-Robot Interaction 2014. Bielefeld, Germany, March 3-6, 2014.[PDF]
- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. Robotic Self-Models Inspired by Human Development.
In Proceedings of the AAAI-10 Workshop on Metacognition for Robust Social Systems. Atlanta, Georgia, July 11, 2010. [PDF]
- J. W. Hart, B. Scassellati, and S. W. Zucker. Epipolar Geometry for Humanoid Robotic Heads. In Proceedings of the 4th International Cognitive Vision Workshop. Santorini, Greece, May 2008. [PDF]
- J. W. Hart. (2014) Robot Self-Modeling. Ph.D. Thesis, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, December 2014. [PDF]
- J. W. Hart S. Sheikholeslami, and E. Croft. (2016 - pre-print) Developing Robot Assistants with Communicative Cues for Safe, Fluent HRI. In Abbass, H., Scholz J., and Reid, D. (Eds.). Foundations of Trusted Autonomy. Berlin, Germany: Springer.
- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. (2014) Robotic Self-Modeling. In Pitt, J. (Ed.). The Computer After Me: Awareness and Self-Awareness in Autonomous Systems. London, UK: Imperial College Press.
- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. (2011) Robotic Models of Self. In Cox, M. T., and Raja, A. (Eds.). Metareasoning: Thinking about Thinking. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. [PDF]
- J. W. Hart, B. Scassellati, and S. W. Zucker. Calibrating the Eye Motion of a Humanoid Robot. Appeared at The 7th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning. Monterey, CA, August 2008.
- J. W. Hart, E. Avrunin, D. Golub, B. Scassellati, and S. W. Zucker. Incorporating Active Vision into the Body Schema. Appeared at The 4th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2008). La Jolla, CA, March 2008.
- J. W. Hart, B. Scassellati, and S. W. Zucker. Epipolar Geometry for Humanoid Robotic Heads. Appeared at The Third North East Student Colloquium on Artificial Intelligence (NESCAI08). Ithaca, NY, May 2008.
- J. W. Hart. Robot Self-Modeling and Self-Other Reasoning. Appeared at UBC Postdoc Talks, Vancouver, BC, Canada July 8 2015.
- J. W. Hart. Learning about people to build better robots. Appeared at Creative Mornings: Vancouver, Vancouver, BC, Canada May 1 2015.
- J. W. Hart. Robot Self-Modeling. Appeared at Ideacity, Toronto, ON, Canada June 19 2013.
- J. W. Hart and B. Scassellati. Creating Social Agency. Appeared at The HRI Workshop, Menlo Park, CA, USA August 2010.
- J. W. Hart, B. Scassellati, and S. W. Zucker. Estimating the Kinematics of Unseen Joints that Affect the Stereo Vision System. Appeared at The 4th Annual New England Manipulation Symposium. Providence, RI, USA May 2008.